Road Hog External Drive

I just purchased an USB SSD external drive, thinking I would use it to archive and keep a running back up of shows instead of a thumb drive.

Problem is the Hog does not seem to "see" it. I have formatted it and checked on my XP machine and all seems to be working fine. A thumb drive shows up from all the USB ports.

What is holding me back from hooking up a real drive?

Thanks, Glen
Parents
  • When a drive is manufactured, it's setup to report itself to the OS as either a "fixed" drive, or a "removable" drive. Your SSD is likely reporting itself as a fixed drive (most SSDs do since Windows won't install on a removable drive). Thumb drives typically claim to be removable.

When you browse for a place to save your shows, the console is looking for its own internal drive, and any removable media. Since the SSD isn't reporting as a removable drive, it's not seen as a valid place to save shows.
  • When a drive is manufactured, it's setup to report itself to the OS as either a "fixed" drive, or a "removable" drive. Your SSD is likely reporting itself as a fixed drive (most SSDs do since Windows won't install on a removable drive). Thumb drives typically claim to be removable.

When you browse for a place to save your shows, the console is looking for its own internal drive, and any removable media. Since the SSD isn't reporting as a removable drive, it's not seen as a valid place to save shows.
Children
No Data
Related