Bug - Occasional SMPTE loss on Full Boar after 3.2.0

I have a Full Boar that was just upgraded to 3.2.0 a week ago. Since then on 2 separate occasions, the console stopped receiving timecode altogether. Always on the same day there was a tech rehearsal during which timecode was received perfectly. We have two different production shows in different showfiles and only one of them so far has had this issue. This may or may not be a coincidence. On both occasions of this failure the console received timecode while locating the show tapes but once show was started, no timecode was received. We have looked at all of the obvious things (timecode enabled and in the correct settings for our purpose).

Would appreciate any advice as this obviously has a major impact on running the shows. Simulating timecode for now when it happens but that's not perfect.

Thanks,

Ryan
Parents
  • Is the timecode generator actually spitting out noise during shuttling or is it a clean break, dead silent shuttle back to an early point in the timecode track? I am curious if the LTC noise during shuttle could be causing problems.

One other thing I would like you to check for me is if you unscrew the end plates on the LTC widget and check the board inside, you should see a plastic jumper (like you would on a hard drive) that goes across two of the three pins located on the board. Do you see this jumper and on which pins is it set?

Also can you describe the SMPTE format you are sending? Is it 30fps?

I know these are a lot of questions but since reproducibility here in the test lab is not occurring I need to look at all the possible variables so I can get this to occur here in the lab and get some ideas on how to fix it for you. Thanks for your patience with this issue.
  • Is the timecode generator actually spitting out noise during shuttling or is it a clean break, dead silent shuttle back to an early point in the timecode track? I am curious if the LTC noise during shuttle could be causing problems.

One other thing I would like you to check for me is if you unscrew the end plates on the LTC widget and check the board inside, you should see a plastic jumper (like you would on a hard drive) that goes across two of the three pins located on the board. Do you see this jumper and on which pins is it set?

Also can you describe the SMPTE format you are sending? Is it 30fps?

I know these are a lot of questions but since reproducibility here in the test lab is not occurring I need to look at all the possible variables so I can get this to occur here in the lab and get some ideas on how to fix it for you. Thanks for your patience with this issue.
Children
No Data
Related