iPC running 3.2 laggy DMX

We have a few iPC's in the shop, and it seems that after upgrading to 3.2 the dmx output lags when using the encoder wheels. DMX output seems to be fine when running an effect or cuelist, but when editing paramaters, the dmx will stop outputting until the encoder wheels stop moving...

Has anyone else seeing this?
Parents
  • Just an update. I have run the show files uploaded to me and done some testing and it does appear that the desktop process is taking quite a bit more CPU time in 3.2.X when doing encoder/trackball edits in the programmer. In turn the CPU essentially runs out of breathe and cannot give the internal DP process the attention it needs to keep a nice stead y refresh rate. In the cases I saw the refresh immediately recovered once the encoder movement or trackball movement stopped. v3.1.9 does seem to handle this situation much better and we are currently investing if and how the Hog iPC can be made to match the same level of performance under the newer 3.2.X architecture.
  • Just an update. I have run the show files uploaded to me and done some testing and it does appear that the desktop process is taking quite a bit more CPU time in 3.2.X when doing encoder/trackball edits in the programmer. In turn the CPU essentially runs out of breathe and cannot give the internal DP process the attention it needs to keep a nice stead y refresh rate. In the cases I saw the refresh immediately recovered once the encoder movement or trackball movement stopped. v3.1.9 does seem to handle this situation much better and we are currently investing if and how the Hog iPC can be made to match the same level of performance under the newer 3.2.X architecture.
Children
No Data
Related