iPC running 3.2 laggy DMX

We have a few iPC's in the shop, and it seems that after upgrading to 3.2 the dmx output lags when using the encoder wheels. DMX output seems to be fine when running an effect or cuelist, but when editing paramaters, the dmx will stop outputting until the encoder wheels stop moving...

Has anyone else seeing this?
Parents
  • Scott, its one of those things that deceived us in test as well. Performance issues can be sneaky and I think this just comes under the scope of application efficiency. The same code runs on the Road Hog and Full Boar consoles but their processors and motherboards are generally much more modern and equipped to mask inefficiencies in cpu demand from a single process. I have been meeting with development on this issue in hopes we can tighten up the screws so that desktop is less demanding during wheel moves.
  • Scott, its one of those things that deceived us in test as well. Performance issues can be sneaky and I think this just comes under the scope of application efficiency. The same code runs on the Road Hog and Full Boar consoles but their processors and motherboards are generally much more modern and equipped to mask inefficiencies in cpu demand from a single process. I have been meeting with development on this issue in hopes we can tighten up the screws so that desktop is less demanding during wheel moves.
Children
No Data
Related