Multi-Console Issues

Hi,

Everything running 3.2.0. Running an IPC as the showserver, net number 1. I've tried connecting to the show both wired and wirelessly via Hog3PC as both client and server, both with problems. Hognet runs on a dedicated network with only hog devices on it. Only one show is running on the network. The show file is a template show file created a few years back but most recently used in 3.1.9 without any issues.

Wirelessly:
Connected a laptop with strong wireless signal as a client to the IPC. It connects fine but after 30 seconds to about 5 minutes it would disconnect with a message saying that show server has been disconnected. The IPC wouldn't have any issues that were noticeable and I would be able to reconnect to the show. It almost seemed like the wireless signal was intermittent but i've used this exact setup with exactly the same hardware under 3.1.9 with no issues. The Windows 7 laptop also shows a strong wireless signal thru-out.

Wired:
Connected a desktop to use as a tracking backup with failover. Set it to net number 1 with server enabled. Repeatedly got a Server Init failed message on the HogPC computer. The network icon on the IPC changed to a yellow exclamation point.

Any thoughts on resolving these issues? Thanks for any assistance.

Eric
Parents
  • I'm reading thru the manual again in Section 12.2 and noticed that it seems to contradict itself and I'm wondering if that is maybe my issue for the wired setup where i'm trying to run a console as a tracking backup to the server.

On page 76 in the grey box it says that you can't set two physical DP-8000's to the same net num, does this also apply to Virtual DP's? On page 80 in the diagram at the top of the page it shows two DP-8000's both set to net num 1, which is how i was setting my system up. Could this possibly be my problem for the wired issue?

I'll check this as soon as I'm able.

Thanks
    Eric
  • I'm reading thru the manual again in Section 12.2 and noticed that it seems to contradict itself and I'm wondering if that is maybe my issue for the wired setup where i'm trying to run a console as a tracking backup to the server.

On page 76 in the grey box it says that you can't set two physical DP-8000's to the same net num, does this also apply to Virtual DP's? On page 80 in the diagram at the top of the page it shows two DP-8000's both set to net num 1, which is how i was setting my system up. Could this possibly be my problem for the wired issue?

I'll check this as soon as I'm able.

Thanks
    Eric
Children
No Data
Related