Multi-Console Issues

Hi,

Everything running 3.2.0. Running an IPC as the showserver, net number 1. I've tried connecting to the show both wired and wirelessly via Hog3PC as both client and server, both with problems. Hognet runs on a dedicated network with only hog devices on it. Only one show is running on the network. The show file is a template show file created a few years back but most recently used in 3.1.9 without any issues.

Wirelessly:
Connected a laptop with strong wireless signal as a client to the IPC. It connects fine but after 30 seconds to about 5 minutes it would disconnect with a message saying that show server has been disconnected. The IPC wouldn't have any issues that were noticeable and I would be able to reconnect to the show. It almost seemed like the wireless signal was intermittent but i've used this exact setup with exactly the same hardware under 3.1.9 with no issues. The Windows 7 laptop also shows a strong wireless signal thru-out.

Wired:
Connected a desktop to use as a tracking backup with failover. Set it to net number 1 with server enabled. Repeatedly got a Server Init failed message on the HogPC computer. The network icon on the IPC changed to a yellow exclamation point.

Any thoughts on resolving these issues? Thanks for any assistance.

Eric
Parents
  • Eric,

Running wirelessly as a server is definitely a no go. The sync over wireless is way too heavy to operate. Wireless units should only be operated as clients. As far a stability of the connection is concerned we have not seen any problem in our testing with remaining connected wirelessly but every setup is different. Which motherboard model iPC do you have and what kind of router are you using? I will continue to try and replicate this issue in our test lab.

As far as the DPs are concerned, when two DP8000s are set to the same net number one will come online as a duplicate and simply won't output. This is what should be occurring with the internal DP80000 on the client as it comes online. To be sure this isn't causing a problem in your setup you could simply change your PC client to net num 1 but then set the internal DP8000 to net num 2 using the settings window in the log-in screen.

Also, unless you are using an external DP8000 or have a super widget hooked up to your desktop computer then running a tracking backup with failover is not going to really benifit you since the output engine is inside the iPC. If you do have a super widget or an external DP8000 it is still recommended you offset your secondary console's internal DP8000 by 1 and then duplicate the patch.
  • Eric,

Running wirelessly as a server is definitely a no go. The sync over wireless is way too heavy to operate. Wireless units should only be operated as clients. As far a stability of the connection is concerned we have not seen any problem in our testing with remaining connected wirelessly but every setup is different. Which motherboard model iPC do you have and what kind of router are you using? I will continue to try and replicate this issue in our test lab.

As far as the DPs are concerned, when two DP8000s are set to the same net number one will come online as a duplicate and simply won't output. This is what should be occurring with the internal DP80000 on the client as it comes online. To be sure this isn't causing a problem in your setup you could simply change your PC client to net num 1 but then set the internal DP8000 to net num 2 using the settings window in the log-in screen.

Also, unless you are using an external DP8000 or have a super widget hooked up to your desktop computer then running a tracking backup with failover is not going to really benifit you since the output engine is inside the iPC. If you do have a super widget or an external DP8000 it is still recommended you offset your secondary console's internal DP8000 by 1 and then duplicate the patch.
Children
No Data
Related