3PC midi slaved to iPC master, but flying faders?....

I have a new Whole Hog iPC and a backup with widgets in a computer with 3PC running. I have successfully hooked them up now so that the board will fire midi out commands to the 3PC on the computer (with a $15 midi interface) and the 3PC will follow it with the cues running correctly, so have a slaved backup of the board so I could switch to backup if the board ever froze. But the virtual faders on the 3PC don't follow. Beause my show is pretty complex, if I ever had to flip the A/B switch, I would have to match the faders positions from the board to the computer virtual faders, but do it for every page of faders before I would be back to the same point in the show, and that cuold take a long time with a complex show, particularly if you can't remember them all off the top of your head.

In the Midi Windows there are windows about NOTE MAPPING and playback bars, is there any way to get these to make the faders on the 3PC track to the actual console?

Or any other way to do a true slaved backup?
Parents
  • Mutley, unfortunately your last post was generic in terms of what errors and issues you were specifically seeing during sync so it makes it difficult for me to offer troubleshooting advice. Can you please describe what errors you were seeing? Were the errors coming up during show load? Which console were the errors appearing on? How did you end up configuring your setup (net numbers, IP addresses, run server on one or both desks?). More than likely during setup you changed your internal DP8000 to a different net number other than #1 which wasn't possible in previous software versions and would cause failure to output dmx.
  • Mutley, unfortunately your last post was generic in terms of what errors and issues you were specifically seeing during sync so it makes it difficult for me to offer troubleshooting advice. Can you please describe what errors you were seeing? Were the errors coming up during show load? Which console were the errors appearing on? How did you end up configuring your setup (net numbers, IP addresses, run server on one or both desks?). More than likely during setup you changed your internal DP8000 to a different net number other than #1 which wasn't possible in previous software versions and would cause failure to output dmx.
Children
No Data
Related