Strange behavior with cue lists- play, release, goto

I'm running 3.1.9 hog pc sever on a lenovo i5 laptop with a hog 3 console as a client. I'm getting very strange playback responses on both units. Sometimes after recording the next cue in a list, I can't play to the next cue. Sometimes the chooser lights dont change when I hit a new chooser. When this happens, the output window won't change the grayed numbers reflecting the chosen chooser.
I should state this- I had originally set up a lenovo x60 tablet wirelessly through a cisco E3000 router. This has always worked in the past, but something went wrong with the wireless and I wasn't able to log in. Since then I disconnected the router and have been only using the server and the one client console. I thought the problem was my wireless, but it has been disconnected and I am still having issues.
Any thought greatly appreciated!
Parents
  • Hey Colin. Sorry I have been out of the office this week. I downloaded and checked out your show file and everything looks to be okay with the show itself.

The network settings all look good that you have sent me and there is nothing from a configuration point that I would see causing the problems you are reporting.

So now I think the best way to approach this is from a standpoint of understanding when the behavior is occurring and when it is not occurring to determine what the catalyst for the problem is.

You said that sometimes after you record the next cue in the list you cannot press play to play the new cue. When this happens can you still use "goto cue #" to play the cue?

You also mentioned that when you press a different choose button that the chosen master won't change. When this happens, if you double press really quickly on that chosen master does it work? The reason I ask this is because it might be the case that a key is getting held down in software memory (although you can't see or know it is held down) which would prevent this from working correctly.
  • Hey Colin. Sorry I have been out of the office this week. I downloaded and checked out your show file and everything looks to be okay with the show itself.

The network settings all look good that you have sent me and there is nothing from a configuration point that I would see causing the problems you are reporting.

So now I think the best way to approach this is from a standpoint of understanding when the behavior is occurring and when it is not occurring to determine what the catalyst for the problem is.

You said that sometimes after you record the next cue in the list you cannot press play to play the new cue. When this happens can you still use "goto cue #" to play the cue?

You also mentioned that when you press a different choose button that the chosen master won't change. When this happens, if you double press really quickly on that chosen master does it work? The reason I ask this is because it might be the case that a key is getting held down in software memory (although you can't see or know it is held down) which would prevent this from working correctly.
Children
No Data
Related