3.2.0 b3148 Two part Console and DP connectivity

8-11-11
V3.2.0 b 3148
1 - Hog 2
1 - DP 8K (new unit, June 14 build date)
1 - DP 2K in Art-Net Mode
1 - Netgear switch

Issue 1 - This may or may not be an issue. When the unit powers up and is not attached to a console, it does not boot into the No Server screen. It goes as far as "initializing show", sits there and every 5 seconds the screen briefly goes blank and code runs through it. Then it goes back to the initializing screen. This is the only DP I have noticed doing this. This could be completely normal, but like I mentioned, I have not noticed this before with other units.

Issue 2 - The console will not talk to the DP. This is the primary issue. With the console up and running, the DP will never load the show and join in. The DP always shows scanning for show, or occasionally when it does completely boot, it shows no server and will not join.

Occasionally, in the network window of the desk it shows the DP as being there, but being offline. However on the DP, it shows it as not being connected.

This originally led me to believe it was a DP issue especially when coupled with the first issue. However, when I bring out a different desk, that DP joins right in and runs fine.

I tried the problem console on a different DP rack and have the same issue, no communication.

When I added a second console to the network, it drove the DP's and then the first desk was able to control them as well. I took the second console away and the system still worked. Shut the system down, started a new show, and I'm back to the same problem. The console won't talk to the DP's.

So, it looks like there seems to be an issue with the desk starting communication back and forth, but once that door is open, it's happy.

I have re-installed software on the console and tried various cables between the console and DP. The console is set to run a DHCP server and have all 4 red network lights on the back of the desk. Any thoughts?

Much beard stroking going on here....
Parents
  • Yep, I'm seeing the same thing Bob. That one change makes it hop online.

Kind of odd that I'm only seeing this issue on one console. Out of the 4 systems I have here to play around with, this is the only one that does that. The DP will connect to any console, but that particular console won't connect to any DP. Definitely a console issue. But why only one desk? Something to think about.

I would try it with Hog PC, but I can't get this version to load on any machine. I get the service pack 2 error, and Microsoft no longer offers the work around software to fix that!
  • Yep, I'm seeing the same thing Bob. That one change makes it hop online.

Kind of odd that I'm only seeing this issue on one console. Out of the 4 systems I have here to play around with, this is the only one that does that. The DP will connect to any console, but that particular console won't connect to any DP. Definitely a console issue. But why only one desk? Something to think about.

I would try it with Hog PC, but I can't get this version to load on any machine. I get the service pack 2 error, and Microsoft no longer offers the work around software to fix that!
Children
No Data
Related