3.2.1 DP update issue

Just tried to update 2 dp8000 to 3.2.1.

No success with my hog 3, festival hog 3 and festival road hog.

Using default ip settings, read and passed the dp8000 firmware checklist.

Dps appear in software update window, appear to do something after confirming update, but after what appears to be a reset still have 3.2.0.

Tried updating from my show and a new one.

any ideas?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=RobbieG]
    Is the dp8000 clever enough to use a regular network cable to connect directly to a console or must I use a crossover?

Yes, the DP8000's ethernet ports will auto-crossover with a standard straight-through cable.

Auto crossover usually works well, but it can be unreliable when connecting to some devices, particularly older 10-megabit ethernet ports (as is used on a lot of art-net nodes). Older hardware doesn't always carry out the speed/duplex/crossover auto-negotiation properly.

[QUOTE=RobbieG]
    And what is "networking booting" as opposed to, say, regular booting?

When a DP8000 network boots, it erases its internal flash memory and reinstalls its operating software from the network. It's a way of ensuring that no matter what happens to the flash drive, the DP can recover.

Some details for the IT minded among you: The network boot uses PXE to boot and TFTP to transfer the new software. When you enable "Boot Server" in the network setup, it turns on the PXE and TFTP servers.
  • [QUOTE=RobbieG]
    Is the dp8000 clever enough to use a regular network cable to connect directly to a console or must I use a crossover?

Yes, the DP8000's ethernet ports will auto-crossover with a standard straight-through cable.

Auto crossover usually works well, but it can be unreliable when connecting to some devices, particularly older 10-megabit ethernet ports (as is used on a lot of art-net nodes). Older hardware doesn't always carry out the speed/duplex/crossover auto-negotiation properly.

[QUOTE=RobbieG]
    And what is "networking booting" as opposed to, say, regular booting?

When a DP8000 network boots, it erases its internal flash memory and reinstalls its operating software from the network. It's a way of ensuring that no matter what happens to the flash drive, the DP can recover.

Some details for the IT minded among you: The network boot uses PXE to boot and TFTP to transfer the new software. When you enable "Boot Server" in the network setup, it turns on the PXE and TFTP servers.
Children
No Data
Related