Failover?

I have a Roadhog Full boar,
And a PC with a Roadhog Programming wing, with internal super widget.
Both have static ip address, and I have no problem connecting to and controlling the show from either desk.
However,
the Virtual DP8000 in the PC shows up as idle in the network window.
Both DP's are set to #1, as both Consoles Are...

When I go to setup the DP on the PC, it just shows the internal superwidget of the full boar....?

What Am I doing wrong to get output out of both desks to get a true "Failover"

Thanks,
Joshua Wood
VEE Production Services
Parents
  • Good question. The DP8000s, unlike the Consoles, cannot run with the same net numbers. When two DPs have the same net number only one will go active and the other will remain idle as a duplicate. So, the way to setup failover for DPs is to set one DP to net num 1 and the other to net num 2 and then clone the patch from DP1 to DP2.

So in your case you can go into the start screen of Hog3PC, click on settings, and under the "internal dp settings" section uncheck the option to "use console net number" and then set the internal DP to net num 2. Then clone the patch from DP1 to DP2 and this will give you a full tracking backup solution.
  • Good question. The DP8000s, unlike the Consoles, cannot run with the same net numbers. When two DPs have the same net number only one will go active and the other will remain idle as a duplicate. So, the way to setup failover for DPs is to set one DP to net num 1 and the other to net num 2 and then clone the patch from DP1 to DP2.

So in your case you can go into the start screen of Hog3PC, click on settings, and under the "internal dp settings" section uncheck the option to "use console net number" and then set the internal DP to net num 2. Then clone the patch from DP1 to DP2 and this will give you a full tracking backup solution.
Children
No Data
Related