Bug Hog PC Ver 3.1 - AutoLaunch Causes Runtime Error

Just installed Hog PC 3.2.1 on a new Dell Opti-Plex 360 Desktop for an installation client.

Win 7 Professional
2 19" Planar Touchscreens
USB Super Widget
USB Programming Wing
Hog PC Keyboard

Only thing on the computer is Hog PC. When I enable AutoLaunch about 2/3s of the time I get a C+ Runtime error warning window when Hog PC launches. Hog PC will eventually launch, but the widget is unresponsive. (I.e. the cuelists won't play.)

When this error occurs you can not exit out of Hog PC with out going to task manager and manually ending all of the processes.

If I turn off auto launch and just open the show file manually through the start-up screen it is fine. Anyone else with this issue?

I tried to attach the show file but apparently the new file format is not supported in this forum?

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Big shows can take quite a while to actually completely close, on Hog3PC (even on fast computers). The desktop quits, but the server keeps running for a while. We have a show that takes about 30 seconds to exit the server, even when it looks like Hog3PC is fully closed. If you use a DP8000, you can see the actual "disconnect" takes about 30 seconds.

In the recent software versions, I get a "Server not closed, force kill or wait" dialog when quitting. Pressing "Wait" (or just waiting) does the trick, it just takes a bit longer.

(Showfile is a mess, I have to admit).
  • Big shows can take quite a while to actually completely close, on Hog3PC (even on fast computers). The desktop quits, but the server keeps running for a while. We have a show that takes about 30 seconds to exit the server, even when it looks like Hog3PC is fully closed. If you use a DP8000, you can see the actual "disconnect" takes about 30 seconds.

In the recent software versions, I get a "Server not closed, force kill or wait" dialog when quitting. Pressing "Wait" (or just waiting) does the trick, it just takes a bit longer.

(Showfile is a mess, I have to admit).
Children
No Data
Related