Full Boar - Art-Net Patching

Gents,

It appears that the implementation of the 12-Universe Art-Net limitation on the Full Boar is managed by not allowing the last four universes of a DP to be patched to Art-Net.

I would REALLY appreciate it if this were managed in a different way. I just spent an hour on site troubleshooting an Art-Net connection. I am using eight total universes, but I have them patched to 1-3, 5-8, and 16 in the DP for organizational purposes. The 'fixtures' on Universe 16 were not responding and it turned out that it would only work on Universe 12 or below.

I understand the reason for the 12-universe restriction, but this is an issue that will only cause problems for users. As long as you are not trying to process fixtures on more than 12 universes I think that you should be able to 'use' any universe you want.

Regards,

Phil
Parents
  • I think the implementation is straight forward but we are always open to suggestions on how to not make the console more simple and straightforward to use. The 12 universe art-net output limitation is always bound to universes 1-12. I am not sure why that would be confusing. Is it just because we allow you to configure art-net for universe 13-16. The reason we allow configuration of art-net universes 13 and above on the Full Boar is so that users can still configure all 16 universes of art-net on DP8000 even if one isn't currently on the network. This allows you to be able to use an offline application such as Hog3PC to configure all 16 universe of art-net output while offline without having a real DP8000 in the room.
  • I think the implementation is straight forward but we are always open to suggestions on how to not make the console more simple and straightforward to use. The 12 universe art-net output limitation is always bound to universes 1-12. I am not sure why that would be confusing. Is it just because we allow you to configure art-net for universe 13-16. The reason we allow configuration of art-net universes 13 and above on the Full Boar is so that users can still configure all 16 universes of art-net on DP8000 even if one isn't currently on the network. This allows you to be able to use an offline application such as Hog3PC to configure all 16 universe of art-net output while offline without having a real DP8000 in the room.
Children
No Data
Related