Full Boar - Art-Net Patching

Gents,

It appears that the implementation of the 12-Universe Art-Net limitation on the Full Boar is managed by not allowing the last four universes of a DP to be patched to Art-Net.

I would REALLY appreciate it if this were managed in a different way. I just spent an hour on site troubleshooting an Art-Net connection. I am using eight total universes, but I have them patched to 1-3, 5-8, and 16 in the DP for organizational purposes. The 'fixtures' on Universe 16 were not responding and it turned out that it would only work on Universe 12 or below.

I understand the reason for the 12-universe restriction, but this is an issue that will only cause problems for users. As long as you are not trying to process fixtures on more than 12 universes I think that you should be able to 'use' any universe you want.

Regards,

Phil
Parents
  • [QUOTE=ahelgor;57191]
    -As an example it´s not uncommon to organize your patch in some way- to patch moving light universes in subnet 0 and media servers in subnet 1 as an example.

There are no restrictions on what Art-Net universes you can send to. On a RHFB, you can only use Hog universes 1-12, but you can send them to any network destination you'd like.

Each output from the RHFB (and DP8000) can be configured to send to any Art-Net Sub-Net and Universe. By default, it's 1-to-1 on universe numbers, but you can easily change that.

So, if you need to send Hog Universes 1-4 from your RHFB to Art-Net Sub-Net 0/Universes 11-14 for your movers, and Hog universes 5-12 to Art-Net Sub-Net 1/Universes 2-9 for media server, you can do that.

You can even send the same Hog universe to multiple Art-Net and E1.31/sACN universes if you want to. This can be especially handy when you need to unicast to your media servers to work-around an older 10-megabit Art-Net installation.
  • [QUOTE=ahelgor;57191]
    -As an example it´s not uncommon to organize your patch in some way- to patch moving light universes in subnet 0 and media servers in subnet 1 as an example.

There are no restrictions on what Art-Net universes you can send to. On a RHFB, you can only use Hog universes 1-12, but you can send them to any network destination you'd like.

Each output from the RHFB (and DP8000) can be configured to send to any Art-Net Sub-Net and Universe. By default, it's 1-to-1 on universe numbers, but you can easily change that.

So, if you need to send Hog Universes 1-4 from your RHFB to Art-Net Sub-Net 0/Universes 11-14 for your movers, and Hog universes 5-12 to Art-Net Sub-Net 1/Universes 2-9 for media server, you can do that.

You can even send the same Hog universe to multiple Art-Net and E1.31/sACN universes if you want to. This can be especially handy when you need to unicast to your media servers to work-around an older 10-megabit Art-Net installation.
Children
No Data
Related