iPC Monitor / Lockup issue

Seems that I am having some issues with my video card. Screens 1 and 3 decide they are either going black, or the image freezes. I replaced the right angle pci adapter. Are we guessing it's a damaged PCI port on the $1000+ motherboard or the video card itself? It's completely intermittent, though seems to be whenever it gets vibrated the wrong way or the right frequency comes across the sound system.

I'd prefer not the buy the motherboard and it not be the issue ..... thoughts?
Parents
  • If something is loose mechanically, you should be able to find it. If you're comfortable working inside live electronics, open up the console, and press gently on each component you suspect may have a problem. If it is a mechanical issue, you may be able to narrow it down.

If you think the PCI slot is bad, you can test the card in another slot (I believe all of the various iPC revisions have more than one PCI slot). You won't be able to reassemble it that way, but it may give you some useful information.
  • If something is loose mechanically, you should be able to find it. If you're comfortable working inside live electronics, open up the console, and press gently on each component you suspect may have a problem. If it is a mechanical issue, you may be able to narrow it down.

If you think the PCI slot is bad, you can test the card in another slot (I believe all of the various iPC revisions have more than one PCI slot). You won't be able to reassemble it that way, but it may give you some useful information.
Children
No Data
Related