Roadhog Midi issues on 3.2.1

I'm working on an install with a roadhog being driven by cuelab and finally started to program today, and the hog will not acknowledge any midi commands (MSC or timecode.) The Midi interface does not show up on the main launch screen, but does show up once the showfile loads.

I've checked all the showfile and console settings and the settings are correct, and the "midi in" light on the interface lights up when I send midi from the computer, but the software doesn't respond. I've tried both MSC and timecode from qlab, as well as timecode (both 30 and 24fps) from protools and logic as well.

Thanks
Andy
Parents
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;57536]Andy

What are you using to get midi into the Road Hog?

Im using the Maudio uno

I looked into the issue further today and tried an older uno that I had (the one I was trying to interface with was brand new) and the old unit worked fine.

Looking at the "new" unit when i'd send MTC to it the "midi in" light would blink, however with the old unit it was a steady glow. Both units emit a steady glow when hooked to my mac as the USB host. Looking at the two interfaces the new one says "avid" on the back while the old one (about 2 years old) does not. Looking through the clear plastic it looks like the PCB's are laid out differently however I have not opened the units to confirm this. Perhaps there is a hardware/driver update in the newest version that the roadhog does not have? Both units were recognized by the console, however only the old one actually recognized any midi commands

Both units work fine plugged into my mac sending/receiving midi data
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;57536]Andy

What are you using to get midi into the Road Hog?

Im using the Maudio uno

I looked into the issue further today and tried an older uno that I had (the one I was trying to interface with was brand new) and the old unit worked fine.

Looking at the "new" unit when i'd send MTC to it the "midi in" light would blink, however with the old unit it was a steady glow. Both units emit a steady glow when hooked to my mac as the USB host. Looking at the two interfaces the new one says "avid" on the back while the old one (about 2 years old) does not. Looking through the clear plastic it looks like the PCB's are laid out differently however I have not opened the units to confirm this. Perhaps there is a hardware/driver update in the newest version that the roadhog does not have? Both units were recognized by the console, however only the old one actually recognized any midi commands

Both units work fine plugged into my mac sending/receiving midi data
Children
No Data
Related