Hog3 PC Questions

I'm looking into getting a USB widget and transitioning my church over to a Hog3 PC based system. We're currently running Chamsys with an Enttec Pro box and 2 - 22" (1920x1080) Multitouch displays. I hear the syntax is pretty similar to the Hog consoles. Our computer is a Pentium D running Windows 7 Professional.

[LIST=1]
If I buy the USB Widget, I get full access to the software, correct?
How many USB widgets can be used in one system?
Can I use a USB midi controller (Behringer BCF2000) for playback and jog dial controls?
Will it accept touch inputs from two monitors? Does it acknowledge any two finger gestures?

Thanks for all the assistance!
Parents
  • I guess small price is relative to each individual case. I agree, it's a great deal. But I think in our case, HES isn't as cost effective as a Chamsys based system.

In order to get physical access to my playbacks and encoders on a HogPC system, I have to purchase the USB widget, programming wing, and playback wing. That's going to be at least 7k. And if I want art-net, I have to buy a seperate processor for that. So maybe 9-10k total.

With chamsys, I can buy the PC wing which would give me access to playbacks and encoders plus give me two additional DMX outputs on top of my Enttec Pro. Art-Net can run straight off the network. And that only costs me about 3k.

I'm sure their are some key differences between the software that would make one individual prefer one over the other. But we don't ever have any artists come in and bring a LD. I always end up programming everything.
  • I guess small price is relative to each individual case. I agree, it's a great deal. But I think in our case, HES isn't as cost effective as a Chamsys based system.

In order to get physical access to my playbacks and encoders on a HogPC system, I have to purchase the USB widget, programming wing, and playback wing. That's going to be at least 7k. And if I want art-net, I have to buy a seperate processor for that. So maybe 9-10k total.

With chamsys, I can buy the PC wing which would give me access to playbacks and encoders plus give me two additional DMX outputs on top of my Enttec Pro. Art-Net can run straight off the network. And that only costs me about 3k.

I'm sure their are some key differences between the software that would make one individual prefer one over the other. But we don't ever have any artists come in and bring a LD. I always end up programming everything.
Children
No Data
Related