3.2.1 questions and bugs

I'm wondering what is the logic behind log timestamps... Also it's pretty difficult to figure out what happened, cause when I open the H3 log in H3PC things look very different.

I have had quite a few times strange laggy output and when I monitored Art-net outputs the refresh rate is under 10 fps in my universes. After restarting the console everything runs fine. Any idea what might cause this?

I have managed to crash the desktop many times, when I have tried to open the DP settings from network window (using right click). I think there's a read out of bounds error in log when that happens.
I saved a log after that
dl.dropbox.com/u/18000606/Hog3/Network%20window%20crash.hlg

I crashed the desktop in CD burning. I created a folder to CD master, moved the files there and started burning. The disk had already files on it so it asked a folder again. I typed the folder and when I tried to start the burn desktop crashed. What happened can be seen in the log file at timestamp 69:39:11:306 dl.dropbox.com/u/18000606/Hog3/CDburning%20crash.hlg

I'm also wondering what are those post REFRESH_DMX to Desktop Failed!
errors in the log?

My system:
H3 + 2 x DP8K
DPs have cloned patch and outputting only Art-net (ID 1 2.0.0.10 and ID 3 2.0.0.13)
Parents
  • Ok...

I tested a few things:

Hog+switch+2xDPs
    Hog+switch+one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP and a fresh show

First when I started a new show, it seems the DP settings are in default values... am I right?
    I wasn't able to make the desktop crash.
    But when logged off and back the DP went to the same settings as in my other shows. Is this normal behavior? After that I was able to make it crash just going to settings a few times.

In all other cases the desktop also crashed and usually by starting the show and going to network window and pressing settings. If it didn't crash at the first time, usually closing the window and going again to settings crashed the desktop.

I will upload the log files.
    Also, I'm wondering does H3 console create any dump files and what are the .core files in log directory?
  • Ok...

I tested a few things:

Hog+switch+2xDPs
    Hog+switch+one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP and a fresh show

First when I started a new show, it seems the DP settings are in default values... am I right?
    I wasn't able to make the desktop crash.
    But when logged off and back the DP went to the same settings as in my other shows. Is this normal behavior? After that I was able to make it crash just going to settings a few times.

In all other cases the desktop also crashed and usually by starting the show and going to network window and pressing settings. If it didn't crash at the first time, usually closing the window and going again to settings crashed the desktop.

I will upload the log files.
    Also, I'm wondering does H3 console create any dump files and what are the .core files in log directory?
Children
No Data
Related