Recording no value instead of a 0

I'm trying to record a cue to assign to a master so that I can control just the intensity of my house lights, movers, etc. How can I make are that I'm recording just the intensity values. I want to make sure that position, color, and beam stay the same and the fader will only effect the intensity. I'm relatively new to lighting but I do have a pretty good grasp on most concepts. I no there is a difference between recording something with no value and a 0.

P.S.
Is there a better way to achieve this other than recording a cue? Maybe a sub master or something of the sorts?

Hog3pc

Thanks!
Parents
  • You need to apply "masking" when you record your cue.

Select fixtures and set parameters.
    Press RECORD, then from the lower right hand screen toolbar make sure only "Use I" is depressed. (Notice you have options for I-P-C-B-E-T from which you can select any combination)
    Then select a destination for your cue by pressing choose, typing cue # and Enter, etc...

Your cue should now only have Intensity info recorded into it.
    You may also want to set the cuelist to HTP if it is only going to be used for intensities.

FYI - with LTP based consoles there is a difference between recording a cue with no value and one with a value of zero.

No value means exactly that (fixtures will remain at default or state from other cue or editor), but one with a zero will send affected parameters to zero when they might not have been otherwise.

Hope this helps. :)
  • You need to apply "masking" when you record your cue.

Select fixtures and set parameters.
    Press RECORD, then from the lower right hand screen toolbar make sure only "Use I" is depressed. (Notice you have options for I-P-C-B-E-T from which you can select any combination)
    Then select a destination for your cue by pressing choose, typing cue # and Enter, etc...

Your cue should now only have Intensity info recorded into it.
    You may also want to set the cuelist to HTP if it is only going to be used for intensities.

FYI - with LTP based consoles there is a difference between recording a cue with no value and one with a value of zero.

No value means exactly that (fixtures will remain at default or state from other cue or editor), but one with a zero will send affected parameters to zero when they might not have been otherwise.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related