Bootable USB for Roadhog?

So I think I have screwed something up trying to make a bootable USB on a road hog? I keep getting this error please see picture...

"windows fails to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause...."

www.flickr.com/photos/spainpat/6623977785/in/photostream

please help I am having a very hard time updating this console and I need it for a show on wednesday with 3.2 on it...

I had what I thought was the right stuff on the high end bootable USB stick but it said there wasn't enough room to add the road hog system restore release 1.8.2 so I tried to make a bootable disc drive out of a bigger USB stick and then I get the error in the photo? Any ideas? Do I need to do it from a disc drive? Will a apple superdrive work?

thanks
Parents
  • I recently had the same error come up repeatedly. Multiple calls to after hours HES support didn't help. Made two separate, brand new thumb drives bootable on the desk, downloaded two separate XPe images, using a PC and unzipping directly to the drive. Followed the documentation word for word. Looking at the contents of the drive on the PC there were the 3 folders and the .exe file, but using the file browser on the desk the thumb drive appeared empty. Console behaved as though the drive was empty, at restore screen only had option to do partial restore or exit, no option to do complete restore as the console didn't see the image on the drive. Gave up after 5 hours of pulling out my hair and did the show in 3.1.9.
  • I recently had the same error come up repeatedly. Multiple calls to after hours HES support didn't help. Made two separate, brand new thumb drives bootable on the desk, downloaded two separate XPe images, using a PC and unzipping directly to the drive. Followed the documentation word for word. Looking at the contents of the drive on the PC there were the 3 folders and the .exe file, but using the file browser on the desk the thumb drive appeared empty. Console behaved as though the drive was empty, at restore screen only had option to do partial restore or exit, no option to do complete restore as the console didn't see the image on the drive. Gave up after 5 hours of pulling out my hair and did the show in 3.1.9.
Children
No Data
Related