Sort of Network Question

Hi all

Im on a job and I could do with connecting a DP2000 to my Mac running Parallels. What im trying to do is still be able to use the internet via wireless on the Mac OS.

Should I be able to do this and anyone got any tips where i might be going wrong as only one or the other seems to work never both.

Many thanks
Parents
  • I don't know much about Parallels and it's networking but I do know about the Mac.

To use the Internet over WiFi when you have other interfaces connected in OSX you need to set WiFi as the prominent service.
    Go System Prefs > Network > Click "Click the lock to make changes" and authenticate > Down the bottom of the column with the network interfaces click on the gear icon > Set Service Order > Drag WiFi to the top and put Ethernet second.

Hope this helps,
  • I don't know much about Parallels and it's networking but I do know about the Mac.

To use the Internet over WiFi when you have other interfaces connected in OSX you need to set WiFi as the prominent service.
    Go System Prefs > Network > Click "Click the lock to make changes" and authenticate > Down the bottom of the column with the network interfaces click on the gear icon > Set Service Order > Drag WiFi to the top and put Ethernet second.

Hope this helps,
Children
No Data
Related