Hog IPC Support

I herd a rumor the other day that the HES was going to stop supporting the IPC, yet i have not found any posts or press releases about this.
Is this in fact true, or just rumor?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=LDEvanB;59173]you could theoretically take a basic USB cable with a mainboard plug on the other end and plug your front panel into a USB plug.

Not sure if this will work the way you think it will or not.

USB devices "identify" themselves once plugged in so that proper drivers can be applied. I believe that the different front panels (iPC, RH, RHFB) each "IDs" differently than the standard playback and programming wings. This is one of the things a re-image install "looks" for (for both security and to make sure you don't install the wrong OS version), and also why you can see a specific front panel version on the XPe based desks.
    Not to say you can't get it to work with a little tweaking, but I doubt it will be as simple as "plug-and-play" in this regard.

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this is how it would go.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=LDEvanB;59173]you could theoretically take a basic USB cable with a mainboard plug on the other end and plug your front panel into a USB plug.

Not sure if this will work the way you think it will or not.

USB devices "identify" themselves once plugged in so that proper drivers can be applied. I believe that the different front panels (iPC, RH, RHFB) each "IDs" differently than the standard playback and programming wings. This is one of the things a re-image install "looks" for (for both security and to make sure you don't install the wrong OS version), and also why you can see a specific front panel version on the XPe based desks.
    Not to say you can't get it to work with a little tweaking, but I doubt it will be as simple as "plug-and-play" in this regard.

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this is how it would go.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related