Hog IPC Support

I herd a rumor the other day that the HES was going to stop supporting the IPC, yet i have not found any posts or press releases about this.
Is this in fact true, or just rumor?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;59178]I would semi-disagree with the practical part.

If Hog does continue to upgrade on this line and my IPC dies internally. I'm not fond of spending X thousands on new hardware is I can likely put together my own pc and use it as many people would the Programming and Playback wings.

Or for example the IPC gets left behind in an update due to hardware specs. My experience is that the button face will survive longer then the computer hardware components.

But only one way to find out.

I have opened up my console to do some video card reseats. Next time maybe i'll try popping the usb onto my desktop and see if she boots up properly

remember tho, an IPC is basically a tower PC with a built in DP8000, in a custom case, with a front panel. With that said, the IPC supports an array of hardware options that are used in the computer industry (primarily the mainboards and GPU). You can buy any of those supported hardware options at just about any online computer shop (i know i did that with my IPC video card), however, once the computer companies (like EVGA or ASUS) stop producing that hardware that works with the system, chances are you will be SOL. but either way, the console itself acts as the computer case, housing the computer, and the DP8000/LTC/Front Panel.
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;59178]I would semi-disagree with the practical part.

If Hog does continue to upgrade on this line and my IPC dies internally. I'm not fond of spending X thousands on new hardware is I can likely put together my own pc and use it as many people would the Programming and Playback wings.

Or for example the IPC gets left behind in an update due to hardware specs. My experience is that the button face will survive longer then the computer hardware components.

But only one way to find out.

I have opened up my console to do some video card reseats. Next time maybe i'll try popping the usb onto my desktop and see if she boots up properly

remember tho, an IPC is basically a tower PC with a built in DP8000, in a custom case, with a front panel. With that said, the IPC supports an array of hardware options that are used in the computer industry (primarily the mainboards and GPU). You can buy any of those supported hardware options at just about any online computer shop (i know i did that with my IPC video card), however, once the computer companies (like EVGA or ASUS) stop producing that hardware that works with the system, chances are you will be SOL. but either way, the console itself acts as the computer case, housing the computer, and the DP8000/LTC/Front Panel.
Children
No Data
Related