Hog IPC Support

I herd a rumor the other day that the HES was going to stop supporting the IPC, yet i have not found any posts or press releases about this.
Is this in fact true, or just rumor?
  • [QUOTE=LDEvanB;59183]remember tho, an IPC is basically a tower PC with a built in DP8000, in a custom case, with a front panel. With that said, the IPC supports an array of hardware options that are used in the computer industry (primarily the mainboards and GPU). You can buy any of those supported hardware options at just about any online computer shop (i know i did that with my IPC video card), however, once the computer companies (like EVGA or ASUS) stop producing that hardware that works with the system, chances are you will be SOL. but either way, the console itself acts as the computer case, housing the computer, and the DP8000/LTC/Front Panel.

The problem with the new, other hardware is related to drivers, which aren't avaible in the Windows XP Embedded supplied by HES.

A solution would be to install your own version of Windows XP and the corresponding drivers for your hardware together with Hog3PC. My guess is the IPC frontpanel should recognised and work properly. Only thing that might give problems is the internal midi/ltc widget depending on your hardware.

Have to say I never tried this, but I assume this would be the way to keep the old IPC alive.
  • [QUOTE=Hugovd89;59186]The problem with the new, other hardware is related to drivers, which aren't avaible in the Windows XP Embedded supplied by HES.

A solution would be to install your own version of Windows XP and the corresponding drivers for your hardware together with Hog3PC. My guess is the IPC frontpanel should recognised and work properly. Only thing that might give problems is the internal midi/ltc widget depending on your hardware.

Have to say I never tried this, but I assume this would be the way to keep the old IPC alive.

i just read through a post about it. HES says that it may be possibleto do this however they have never tested it, but i dont see why that wont work.
  • I had the lid off my Roadhog and noticed that I could plug the Super Widget into my laptop via the USB.

The Laptop did not see the widget, I think in the Roadhog software it see's it as internal so i'm guessing it's locked to the Roadhog.

Shame really as I thought in a desk failure situation it could work like that of a laptop.
  • Does the super widget in the road hog have a power supply lead going to it?

The Time code in the IPC does, just small not full molex, but in order for a Laptop to recognize the widget the power supply needs to be on. then when plugged in the Laptop recognizes the time code and you can assign and us in hogPC, I can't test the super widget as it needs an adapter to be usable with a laptop......
  • [QUOTE=skier;59188]I had the lid off my Roadhog and noticed that I could plug the Super Widget into my laptop via the USB.

The Laptop did not see the widget, I think in the Roadhog software it see's it as internal so i'm guessing it's locked to the Roadhog.

Shame really as I thought in a desk failure situation it could work like that of a laptop.

The Widget PCB dip switch 1 determines if it will be an external widget or in a console.
Related