RHFB Crash

Setup Information
1x Road Hog Full Boar 3.2.3 b3367
1x USB Keyboard

I recently upgraded my Road Hog Full Boar to 3.2.3 from 3.1.5 going through a clean install. When I recreated the show I started with a blank show in 3.2.3 and merged in the information from the old show. Yesterday while programming the desk crashed twice and the only thing that would fix it was a hard reset.

At the time of the crashes the playback had some basic lists running and effects were either being driven by the playback lists or in the programmer. I would select a group of fixtures and then Highlight the group, put the cursor in ball mode, and scroll through the fixtures one by one using next/back (left click/right click). The crash occurred if I did all these steps in quick succession.

I didn't check if a dump file was created but the show file can be provided if necessary.
Parents
  • I have also experienced a similar crash just now with my Hog 3, running v3.2.3 (b3367).

Same story, I can move the cursor around the touchscreens but I cannot select anything. Strangely the console was still outputting to my visualiser and I could play cues, but there was no visual reference changing on the screens.

The freeze happened after I simply selected two fixtures and pressed Rem Dim. I'm terrified that such a simple thing can make this current software release fall over so severely.

The console is almost brand new and I am using it on a show for the first time next week. Should I be thinking about using a different version of the software? I'd appreciate some support to work through this issue please.

Many thanks

Colin
  • I have also experienced a similar crash just now with my Hog 3, running v3.2.3 (b3367).

Same story, I can move the cursor around the touchscreens but I cannot select anything. Strangely the console was still outputting to my visualiser and I could play cues, but there was no visual reference changing on the screens.

The freeze happened after I simply selected two fixtures and pressed Rem Dim. I'm terrified that such a simple thing can make this current software release fall over so severely.

The console is almost brand new and I am using it on a show for the first time next week. Should I be thinking about using a different version of the software? I'd appreciate some support to work through this issue please.

Many thanks

Colin
Children
No Data
Related