linea movement

Hi Everyone

Is there a linear movement option for moveing heads in HOG3.

cheers
Parents
  • Hi Marty

I am not talking about the dimmer curves for pan and tilt movement.

linear movement, is a function that quite a few desks have. it is a method of moving between two points in a straight line (shortest distance).

The example is: lets say that you have two stages, one at either end of a hall and in the midle is a moveing head. you have two pick ups one on each stage and they both have the same tilt elevation. with linear movement you can make the moving head go from one pick up to the next in a direct line useing both pan and tilt. So the beam will move in the shortest route from one pick up to the other down the midle of the hall. where as what happens now is that the desk will just cross fades the pan and the beam will spin around the room to get to the next pick up.

I first used this function in the early / mid nineties with the ventura desk and have been useing it recently with the Strand Palette. It is a superb function.

I hope i have explained myself properly.

Cheers
  • Hi Marty

I am not talking about the dimmer curves for pan and tilt movement.

linear movement, is a function that quite a few desks have. it is a method of moving between two points in a straight line (shortest distance).

The example is: lets say that you have two stages, one at either end of a hall and in the midle is a moveing head. you have two pick ups one on each stage and they both have the same tilt elevation. with linear movement you can make the moving head go from one pick up to the next in a direct line useing both pan and tilt. So the beam will move in the shortest route from one pick up to the other down the midle of the hall. where as what happens now is that the desk will just cross fades the pan and the beam will spin around the room to get to the next pick up.

I first used this function in the early / mid nineties with the ventura desk and have been useing it recently with the Strand Palette. It is a superb function.

I hope i have explained myself properly.

Cheers
Children
No Data
Related