Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog iPC must wait"

New to the forums so we'll see if you all can give me a hand. Currently I'm trying to do a new build for my wife's school. Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009. Everything seems to install correctly but I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."

However, Nothing ever happens with the machine and nothing seems to be loading past this point. Any help anyone can lend with this would be appreciated.

I know Windows Embedded Standard 2009 is not really on the list of supported OS's but unfortunately I'm working with what I have been given on this little project.

Thank You in Advance,

Dan
Parents
  • The problem you are having is that you are attempting to install software that is only compatible with iPC hardware. It will not work on a stand-alone PC.

Please see this software download link for current minimum requirements to install Hog-3PC software:

www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/Hog3PC.shtml

And this is taken directly from the v3.2 manual:

30.1.1 System Requirements
    To ensure successful operation of the Hog 3PC software on a personal computer, verify that your
    system meets the following minimum specifications:
    • 1GHz CPU or faster
    • Microsoft Windows XPRegistered, Windows VistaRegistered, or Windows 7.
    • 256MB of RAM
    • 200MB of free hard-disk space
    • 1024×768 or higher-resolution monitor
    For larger shows, using a more powerful processor is advisable. Please ensure that you are using
    the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.

Which you can download here:

www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/manual_en062911.pdf

If your system does not meet ALL of these minimums you will need to upgrade componenets accordingly.
    (Sounds like you need a bigger HDD for example).

Hope this helps. :)
  • The problem you are having is that you are attempting to install software that is only compatible with iPC hardware. It will not work on a stand-alone PC.

Please see this software download link for current minimum requirements to install Hog-3PC software:

www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/Hog3PC.shtml

And this is taken directly from the v3.2 manual:

30.1.1 System Requirements
    To ensure successful operation of the Hog 3PC software on a personal computer, verify that your
    system meets the following minimum specifications:
    • 1GHz CPU or faster
    • Microsoft Windows XPRegistered, Windows VistaRegistered, or Windows 7.
    • 256MB of RAM
    • 200MB of free hard-disk space
    • 1024×768 or higher-resolution monitor
    For larger shows, using a more powerful processor is advisable. Please ensure that you are using
    the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.

Which you can download here:

www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/manual_en062911.pdf

If your system does not meet ALL of these minimums you will need to upgrade componenets accordingly.
    (Sounds like you need a bigger HDD for example).

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related