Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog iPC must wait"

New to the forums so we'll see if you all can give me a hand. Currently I'm trying to do a new build for my wife's school. Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009. Everything seems to install correctly but I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."

However, Nothing ever happens with the machine and nothing seems to be loading past this point. Any help anyone can lend with this would be appreciated.

I know Windows Embedded Standard 2009 is not really on the list of supported OS's but unfortunately I'm working with what I have been given on this little project.

Thank You in Advance,

Dan
Parents
  • [QUOTE=dyarger;59451]Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009.[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]the Bigger consoles run the same OS underneath but I may be wrong on that. (This could be why I am having my problem)[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I'm still interested in making it work with 2009 embedded

3PC opens HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID while attempting to match ...\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID\DeviceModel to identifiers for iPC (etc.).

after RunTimeID is opened, 3PC incorrectly assumes that DeviceModel will match a product.

the only way to work around this on a 2009 target is to:[LIST=1]
    create a new user account
    deny the new account read permissions on HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID
    run 3PC under only the new account
  • [QUOTE=dyarger;59451]Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009.[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]the Bigger consoles run the same OS underneath but I may be wrong on that. (This could be why I am having my problem)[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I'm still interested in making it work with 2009 embedded

3PC opens HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID while attempting to match ...\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID\DeviceModel to identifiers for iPC (etc.).

after RunTimeID is opened, 3PC incorrectly assumes that DeviceModel will match a product.

the only way to work around this on a 2009 target is to:[LIST=1]
    create a new user account
    deny the new account read permissions on HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID
    run 3PC under only the new account
Children
No Data
Related