5-pin dmx widget to 3-pin LED

I am fairly new to the Hog 3pc bandwagon and I don't know much about lighting in general. I am currently running Hog 3pc on my mac through boot camp. The only problem I am encountering is I have 3 ColorKey Par 64 LED lights that are 3-pin dmx. Is there any way to go directly from the Widget's 5-pin dmx to the 3-pin dmx without any extra equipment (I have multiple 5 to 3 adapters but none of them work).
Parents
  • Sounds like you have another issue.

For standard DMX operation, you need to plug into the fixture via a male port on the unit. So a standard 5pin male to 3-pin female should work.

If you need to plug into a female port on the fixture, then either the units have been installed or cabled backwards, or the manufacturer has gone against industry standard and done their own thing which leaves you in the bad place of having to make yourself a custom cable or adapter.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Sounds like you have another issue.

For standard DMX operation, you need to plug into the fixture via a male port on the unit. So a standard 5pin male to 3-pin female should work.

If you need to plug into a female port on the fixture, then either the units have been installed or cabled backwards, or the manufacturer has gone against industry standard and done their own thing which leaves you in the bad place of having to make yourself a custom cable or adapter.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related