How severe are the iPC issues with 3.2.3?

Hello,

For anyone who has been in the "For Sale" section of the forum you'll have noticed i'm looking for an iPC to purchase (or Hog 3 if the price is right).

I have used Hog 3's and iPCs a lot but have yet to use them since the last major release 3.2. I had no issues back then with the iPC, but have now read so many negative posts about DMX freezing when using encoder wheels etc.

My question is basically, is this an across the board fundamental problem with all iPCs, or something just a handful of people are experiencing? Is there a particular age of console that is being affected that I should avoid?

If it's a case of spend a bit more and end up with a problem free Hog 3 & DP8000, then I would much rather do that than end up with a cheaper iPC that frustrates the life out of me.

I have enough frustrations with jobs on MA's...I want a Hog for a trouble free life! :-)

All advice gratefully received. Apologies if this has been discussed already. I have looked deep into the forum but have not found specific details.

Thanks in advance....
Parents
  • Colin,

Thanks for your post. The fact of the matter is the current issue on 3.2.X with the iPC is that our re-arc of wheel messages in 3.2.0 did put some extra stress on CPU processing whereby the desktop process can take CPU time away from the internal DP8000 on the iPC when turning encoder wheels moderately fast or with a lot of fixtures. We are still actively working on patching this issue but as you will read on the forums an external DP8000 will not suffer this problem because it does not share CPU resources with the iPC's desktop. Most iPC users effected by this have reverted to 3.1.9 and are running there until we can patch this on 3.2.X.
  • Colin,

Thanks for your post. The fact of the matter is the current issue on 3.2.X with the iPC is that our re-arc of wheel messages in 3.2.0 did put some extra stress on CPU processing whereby the desktop process can take CPU time away from the internal DP8000 on the iPC when turning encoder wheels moderately fast or with a lot of fixtures. We are still actively working on patching this issue but as you will read on the forums an external DP8000 will not suffer this problem because it does not share CPU resources with the iPC's desktop. Most iPC users effected by this have reverted to 3.1.9 and are running there until we can patch this on 3.2.X.
Children
No Data
Related