Creating global effect palletes

Hi all

I,m having trouble with creating global effect palletes, when I make a effect on 10 VL2000 (NO FAN) like Intensity, CMY, Pan/Tilt effects and press record and select global, it still records the vl2000's only and not "All Types"

When I go into my effects sheet it says global "NO" at the recorded pallete, and I'm not able to change it.

Is it me / missing something :rtfm:

Only way to record as global is by recording the effect on All Fixtures

Software Hog3PC V3.23
Parents
  • I just recorded a Global effect palette with no problems at all. Grabbed 1 LED, made a CMY effect and recorded GLOBAL. It applies to any fixture with CMY (studio color, VL1000, LED, etc).

You can only record BASIC information as Global I believe. Once you get into offsets, etc. its takes it as TYPE ONLY (as those offsets would apply to just those fixtures). In order to make something available as GLOBAL, it's best to build it as 1 fixture (not 10 as you're doing). Once you get into fans and offsets, those apply to fixture only.

Does that make sense?

**EDIT: All of the stock effects are GLOBAL as long as you have that function available in the light.
  • I just recorded a Global effect palette with no problems at all. Grabbed 1 LED, made a CMY effect and recorded GLOBAL. It applies to any fixture with CMY (studio color, VL1000, LED, etc).

You can only record BASIC information as Global I believe. Once you get into offsets, etc. its takes it as TYPE ONLY (as those offsets would apply to just those fixtures). In order to make something available as GLOBAL, it's best to build it as 1 fixture (not 10 as you're doing). Once you get into fans and offsets, those apply to fixture only.

Does that make sense?

**EDIT: All of the stock effects are GLOBAL as long as you have that function available in the light.
Children
No Data
Related