Doing a chase with different fixture types

Not sure what the best way to have done this was, but hoping someone might give me some insight.

I just did a show where we had some white drape around a exhibit. I have 70 ish RGBAW LED fixtures on trusses around the exhibit to light the drape. I was using Vari-Lite VLX fixtures in the actual booth to light some of the exhibit. I found that I had a few dead spots on the drape I couldn't reach with the LED's and refocused a VLX to fill in that area.

One of the production people asked if we can do a color chase around the drape. I said yes, and I usually would grab my LED's and go to effect and put red in a sine and do a fan offset or whatever I have to do to get a chase like he described. I am wondering though is anyone had any good advice on how to do this now that I have the additional fixtures in there. Would my best bet have been to just renumber all my fixtures? Example being the LED's were 201-270 or so and if the VLX was in between 210 & 211 would I have been best off to renumber VLX 101 to 211 and renumber the LED's accordingly? I was hoping that there might of been some other trick someone had come across.

Thanks,
Matt
Parents
  • [QUOTE=matt8445;59720]So greater question that is something I didn't potentially realize then. When I record a group does it store information as to what order fixtures were selected in the programmer? So in this scenario if I select 201-210 then 315 then 211-218 then 326 it will apply effects and things in that order?

Another question along the same topic then. Say I had a back wall of 4 lite mole's and they are 2 circuit. If I select all the channels that are the top row first then the bottom row will it offeset a sine effect on intensity in that order even if the numbering is not sequential?

Matt

1. Yes (groups store fixture selection order)
    2. Yes (effects are applied in the order, which is recorded in the group)
  • [QUOTE=matt8445;59720]So greater question that is something I didn't potentially realize then. When I record a group does it store information as to what order fixtures were selected in the programmer? So in this scenario if I select 201-210 then 315 then 211-218 then 326 it will apply effects and things in that order?

Another question along the same topic then. Say I had a back wall of 4 lite mole's and they are 2 circuit. If I select all the channels that are the top row first then the bottom row will it offeset a sine effect on intensity in that order even if the numbering is not sequential?

Matt

1. Yes (groups store fixture selection order)
    2. Yes (effects are applied in the order, which is recorded in the group)
Children
No Data
Related