Art-net and DMX outputs

I think that I should be able to do this, but have never attempted it. Can I output Artnet to drive a media server on Universe 1, and still use console outputs 2-4 to drive dimmers and other fixtures with straight DMX? Road Hog Full Boar 3.2.2, I think.

Is it just a matter of assigning the correct universe to the Artnet output?

Thanks

Bud
Parents
  • Be sure that you know where to go for the Art-Net settings. The manual can seem a little thin on this topic.

Section 12.4 of the manual discusses most of what you need to know.

From 12.4.1:

To configure the Road Hog Full Boar fixture link port from the console:
    1. Setup → Network : open the Network window.
    2. Select the DMX Processor 8000 assigned to net number 1 (or whichever DMX Processor is associated with the local internal DMX Processor 8000 in your show) and press Settings.
    3. Select the Fixture Link pane of the DMX Processor Settings window.

There is one little snafu in that the official first subnet (universe) on Art-Net is subnet 0. Depending on the devices or servers you are using, the subnet number that you are transmitting or receiving may be offset by 1.

Also, be sure that you are coming out of the proper physical network port on the back of the console.

Good luck and have a great show!

PG
  • Be sure that you know where to go for the Art-Net settings. The manual can seem a little thin on this topic.

Section 12.4 of the manual discusses most of what you need to know.

From 12.4.1:

To configure the Road Hog Full Boar fixture link port from the console:
    1. Setup → Network : open the Network window.
    2. Select the DMX Processor 8000 assigned to net number 1 (or whichever DMX Processor is associated with the local internal DMX Processor 8000 in your show) and press Settings.
    3. Select the Fixture Link pane of the DMX Processor Settings window.

There is one little snafu in that the official first subnet (universe) on Art-Net is subnet 0. Depending on the devices or servers you are using, the subnet number that you are transmitting or receiving may be offset by 1.

Also, be sure that you are coming out of the proper physical network port on the back of the console.

Good luck and have a great show!

PG
Children
No Data
Related