DP4000 + Hog III PC

Hi,
I'm wondering how interested users would be in a smaller version of the DP8000 that would perhaps output 1 hard line of DMX and 1 universes of Artnet or other configurations at a lower cost point than the DP8000?
I understand that you can use widgets in many different configurations but it seems a shame that you can have the current Hog III PC software that is free running on a PC but have to purchase a DP8000 to output artnet which is beyond the reach of many users especially those starting out or those who don't have the financial resources to make a big outlay.
I know it would be really useful in so many ways for installs,testing,media servers etc.
just wondering,

Regards C
Parents
  • [QUOTE=raystream;60100]an option to switch the ethernet (hognet or artnet)

Having the ability to assign HogNet or ArtNet to a specific network adapter would be critical for this, especially if you have only one "jacked" network adapter on your machine (which most do). You could potentially add additional adapters via USB (or similar) to have both networks if you need them.

[QUOTE=raystream;60100]this would be great to get 4 universes of artnet out of my ipc

We're talking about H3PC here....iPC would be a whole different story, yes it runs embedded Windows, but it is still not quite the same.

Add to that, that manufacturing of iPCs has been over for a while now, I doubt that a hardware development would occur for them.....hard to say for sure though.
  • [QUOTE=raystream;60100]an option to switch the ethernet (hognet or artnet)

Having the ability to assign HogNet or ArtNet to a specific network adapter would be critical for this, especially if you have only one "jacked" network adapter on your machine (which most do). You could potentially add additional adapters via USB (or similar) to have both networks if you need them.

[QUOTE=raystream;60100]this would be great to get 4 universes of artnet out of my ipc

We're talking about H3PC here....iPC would be a whole different story, yes it runs embedded Windows, but it is still not quite the same.

Add to that, that manufacturing of iPCs has been over for a while now, I doubt that a hardware development would occur for them.....hard to say for sure though.
Children
No Data
Related