DP4000 + Hog III PC

Hi,
I'm wondering how interested users would be in a smaller version of the DP8000 that would perhaps output 1 hard line of DMX and 1 universes of Artnet or other configurations at a lower cost point than the DP8000?
I understand that you can use widgets in many different configurations but it seems a shame that you can have the current Hog III PC software that is free running on a PC but have to purchase a DP8000 to output artnet which is beyond the reach of many users especially those starting out or those who don't have the financial resources to make a big outlay.
I know it would be really useful in so many ways for installs,testing,media servers etc.
just wondering,

Regards C
Parents
  • I agree with you Cormac, giving users even just a single ArtNet universe would be nice, but it will probably have to be with HES/FPS hardware since the software is free already. Hence single widget might equal additional single ArtNet universe.

[QUOTE=leebot;60116]I think a reasonable cap would be 8 universes. If you need more you should have a DP8000. I think this is reasonable because it is also the cap of universes you can get out of a pc system or an IPC with super widgets.

I see where you are going Lee, but if that happens then there is no motivation to go to a DP-8000 which should really be handling a system of 16 universes, as many smaller PC systems (netbooks, tablets, etc...) might choke with that kind of processing load during "big" cues.

Just to clarify, I would think that the ArtNet universes are available in addition to the connected Widget ouputs.....not instead of. That's why I'm thinking a maximum of either 2 or 4 ArtNet universes, since a user would already be able to get an additional 8 via widgets. If you need more than that, then it's time to step up to a proper DP-8000.
  • I agree with you Cormac, giving users even just a single ArtNet universe would be nice, but it will probably have to be with HES/FPS hardware since the software is free already. Hence single widget might equal additional single ArtNet universe.

[QUOTE=leebot;60116]I think a reasonable cap would be 8 universes. If you need more you should have a DP8000. I think this is reasonable because it is also the cap of universes you can get out of a pc system or an IPC with super widgets.

I see where you are going Lee, but if that happens then there is no motivation to go to a DP-8000 which should really be handling a system of 16 universes, as many smaller PC systems (netbooks, tablets, etc...) might choke with that kind of processing load during "big" cues.

Just to clarify, I would think that the ArtNet universes are available in addition to the connected Widget ouputs.....not instead of. That's why I'm thinking a maximum of either 2 or 4 ArtNet universes, since a user would already be able to get an additional 8 via widgets. If you need more than that, then it's time to step up to a proper DP-8000.
Children
No Data
Related