I needs some tips please.

I have an opportunity to programm a festival coming up and I have a good base knowledge of the hog 3. I recently have been introduced to the concept of busking and creating playbacks for different parameters and being able to play them back at any time rather than trying to think through every cue. My problem is trying to implement this with the hog. Given I will have only 9 or 10 playback faders how do I get all the different parameters that I would like to access on one playback bus. I've seen talk about about virtual playbacks of the forum but what is a virtual play back on the hog where do you access that. For busking certain parameters I thought I heard pallets were a good way to do this or is that not ok. Also is it possible to use play back faders as effect rate modifiers? The festival isn't very complicated about 60 par cans on a down stage truss and 1K2 movers on an upstage. I'm assuming there needs to be different looks for color washes and chase patterns for the par cans but I would like to do some interesting stuff with the movers. Any tips any one has would be helpful I'm new to this forum. I would really like to learn an efficient way to program a busking type of show.
Parents
  • Ok so virtual cuelist. Im having a hard time figuring out how to release them. I down loaded hog pc to my computer and am just playing around with a few things. When you click on a virtual cuelist it activates with whatever timing you have but how do you release these quickly. Say Im doing this festival and I want to go black at the end of a song and I have multiple cuelist going do I need to program a cuelist to go black? I know you mentioned Jon the release this line Macro but Im having a hard time figuring out macros. It seems like i really need to learn the syntax of the console but where do you enter these macro commands. Can they be recorded into List or do they need to be entered into the macro window? Sorry If these questions seem repetitive or like Im ignoring what you've already sent Im just trying to understand and learn. I appreciate your patience.
  • Ok so virtual cuelist. Im having a hard time figuring out how to release them. I down loaded hog pc to my computer and am just playing around with a few things. When you click on a virtual cuelist it activates with whatever timing you have but how do you release these quickly. Say Im doing this festival and I want to go black at the end of a song and I have multiple cuelist going do I need to program a cuelist to go black? I know you mentioned Jon the release this line Macro but Im having a hard time figuring out macros. It seems like i really need to learn the syntax of the console but where do you enter these macro commands. Can they be recorded into List or do they need to be entered into the macro window? Sorry If these questions seem repetitive or like Im ignoring what you've already sent Im just trying to understand and learn. I appreciate your patience.
Children
No Data
Related