RGB Color Mixing

Would it be possible to include the ability to switch from CMY to RGB when mixing fixture colours with the encoders?

I know it has been mentioned about the whole Hog3 colour model, but i would like the encoder labels to say RGB and the values work the opposite way around. Would that really effect the desk workings that much? I would even settle for the encoders just to labelled!

I also know some prefer it this way but 90% of the time I use LED fixtures and to be able to use the Intensity parameter I have to use CMY which I do just find slightly confusing. Also for those who don't like the sound of this couldn't it be switchable in the preference?

I have even tried editing the fixtures by reversing the channel behavior with no luck. I would so love for this to be able to work this way!

S
Parents
  • Traditionally in lighting color is always subtractinve (CMY + HSI).
    An easy way to think about CMY is exaclty what they do. Cyan is "minus Red", Magenta is "minus Green", and Yellow is "minus Blue".

Since RGB is is an addititve model, and in the case of LEDs this controls 3 separate intensities, this is why they are there.
    This would get messier still when adding RGBW, RGBA, & RGBAW fixtures.

For example:
    If RGB were under color, when you pulled your Master or Grand Master down the units would not fade.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Traditionally in lighting color is always subtractinve (CMY + HSI).
    An easy way to think about CMY is exaclty what they do. Cyan is "minus Red", Magenta is "minus Green", and Yellow is "minus Blue".

Since RGB is is an addititve model, and in the case of LEDs this controls 3 separate intensities, this is why they are there.
    This would get messier still when adding RGBW, RGBA, & RGBAW fixtures.

For example:
    If RGB were under color, when you pulled your Master or Grand Master down the units would not fade.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related