Midi Control

Hey,

At my work we have a Road Hog Full Boar that we have used for many different concerts and events. So I know that you can have a show run of midi cues, but I am more wondering as to how this works. Where do the midi cues come from and how to you program the board to respond to them, and essentially set up a light show to midi control.

I am just trying to expand my Road Hog knowledge and over all become a better lighting tech.

Any help, knowledge or tips would be great.

Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi, I currently work with an electronic band, they run the music through Ableton Live and in turn they are sending me information midi to FOH.

First you need to set the lights normally, according to the desired changes to the music. My way of working is putting all the cue's in a single fader.

Second, you need to name the comment with the corresponding macro cuelist eg GM2/1, GM2/2, GM3/3 etc. This will give you an action to a particular midi note.

Third, you have to set the midi notes in the desired changes to the music, this is done in the program that triggers the music here is Ableton Live.

This is another simple and inexpensive way to synchronize a show, good luck!:headbang:

[QUOTE=Chupippomink;61926]Hey,

At my work we have a Road Hog Full Boar that we have used for many different concerts and events. So I know that you can have a show run of midi cues, but I am more wondering as to how this works. Where do the midi cues come from and how to you program the board to respond to them, and essentially set up a light show to midi control.

I am just trying to expand my Road Hog knowledge and over all become a better lighting tech.

Thanks!
  • Hi, I currently work with an electronic band, they run the music through Ableton Live and in turn they are sending me information midi to FOH.

First you need to set the lights normally, according to the desired changes to the music. My way of working is putting all the cue's in a single fader.

Second, you need to name the comment with the corresponding macro cuelist eg GM2/1, GM2/2, GM3/3 etc. This will give you an action to a particular midi note.

Third, you have to set the midi notes in the desired changes to the music, this is done in the program that triggers the music here is Ableton Live.

This is another simple and inexpensive way to synchronize a show, good luck!:headbang:

[QUOTE=Chupippomink;61926]Hey,

Thanks!
Children
No Data
Related