Max universes on a RHFB??

Hi all, a simple question.. what is the max universes i can run on a RHFB and How.. I have heard 16 is max with DP8's, Artnet etc. I need atleast 32 ??? Can I and How?? networking desks or something? see we already have 3 x RHFB's.

Cheers,
Benny..
Parents
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;61969]I would go for the solution with the 2 x DP8000

Then you can use your other 2 RHFB for other stuff, or as backups etc

Also cabling would be easier: just 1 network-cable to your control/dimmer-room and up to your pods with 5-pin XLR

Other solution would mean from FoH: 12 x 5-pin XLR or all 36 x 5-pin XLR, 2 Networkswitches at console-position, 2 or 3 Artnet-Nodes.

Yep for sure, i hear you on the cabling thing, I am over running miles of DMX back to the desk, we do not currently own a DP8 and sometimes we have 8 x universes back to the desk with a superwidget. 1 x CAT6 with ethercon connectors sounds good to me.. By USB-Extender do you mean Superwidget??

Thanks heaps for ya help on this..
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;61969]I would go for the solution with the 2 x DP8000

Then you can use your other 2 RHFB for other stuff, or as backups etc

Also cabling would be easier: just 1 network-cable to your control/dimmer-room and up to your pods with 5-pin XLR

Other solution would mean from FoH: 12 x 5-pin XLR or all 36 x 5-pin XLR, 2 Networkswitches at console-position, 2 or 3 Artnet-Nodes.

Yep for sure, i hear you on the cabling thing, I am over running miles of DMX back to the desk, we do not currently own a DP8 and sometimes we have 8 x universes back to the desk with a superwidget. 1 x CAT6 with ethercon connectors sounds good to me.. By USB-Extender do you mean Superwidget??

Thanks heaps for ya help on this..
Children
No Data
Related