Max universes on a RHFB??

Hi all, a simple question.. what is the max universes i can run on a RHFB and How.. I have heard 16 is max with DP8's, Artnet etc. I need atleast 32 ??? Can I and How?? networking desks or something? see we already have 3 x RHFB's.

Cheers,
Benny..
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;61972]Another option you might consider is just running Cat-5/6/7 lines to your "pods" for ArtNet with a two universe ArtNet to 5-pin box at each location. That gives you a little bit more flexibility as well as some redundancy (especially if you run more than one network line). All your lines then go into a switch @ your dimmer loacation with your DP-8000s connected to them via Fixture Link (ArtNet).
    There are a wide range of these boxes for very reasonable cost.
    Here's one I've used and like: www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70305&show=description&name=ode

Hope this helps. :)

Hey Marty, Yes this helps for sure. Will throw a few ideas at the Boss and Crew and see what they reckon. See i am a senior (retired touring guy) LX guy in a large Convention centre that is currently building a new mega building with this POD truss grid thing (no upper grid???) and i got asked by the boss today what cabling we need installed to the pods etc. So it's a good start that i can get 32 universes out of a RHFB, i thought only 16. I am kinda new to Artnet, have played around direct fixture link from desk to fixtures with some succes but thats about it. So any help with Artnet is greatly apreciated.. I am kinda thinking that maybe i can do 16 x PODS with DMX from a DP8 and the other 16 pods with 2xDP8's and artnet nodes then cat6 direct to 1st fixture on pod then go 5pin DMX to the other fixtures on that pod. we probably will get robin 1200's/600's or something like that.

You reckon this would work?? Oh and be Rock solid.. :)
    Cheers,
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;61972]Another option you might consider is just running Cat-5/6/7 lines to your "pods" for ArtNet with a two universe ArtNet to 5-pin box at each location. That gives you a little bit more flexibility as well as some redundancy (especially if you run more than one network line). All your lines then go into a switch @ your dimmer loacation with your DP-8000s connected to them via Fixture Link (ArtNet).
    There are a wide range of these boxes for very reasonable cost.
    Here's one I've used and like: www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70305&show=description&name=ode

Hope this helps. :)

Hey Marty, Yes this helps for sure. Will throw a few ideas at the Boss and Crew and see what they reckon. See i am a senior (retired touring guy) LX guy in a large Convention centre that is currently building a new mega building with this POD truss grid thing (no upper grid???) and i got asked by the boss today what cabling we need installed to the pods etc. So it's a good start that i can get 32 universes out of a RHFB, i thought only 16. I am kinda new to Artnet, have played around direct fixture link from desk to fixtures with some succes but thats about it. So any help with Artnet is greatly apreciated.. I am kinda thinking that maybe i can do 16 x PODS with DMX from a DP8 and the other 16 pods with 2xDP8's and artnet nodes then cat6 direct to 1st fixture on pod then go 5pin DMX to the other fixtures on that pod. we probably will get robin 1200's/600's or something like that.

You reckon this would work?? Oh and be Rock solid.. :)
    Cheers,
Children
No Data
Related