Max universes on a RHFB??

Hi all, a simple question.. what is the max universes i can run on a RHFB and How.. I have heard 16 is max with DP8's, Artnet etc. I need atleast 32 ??? Can I and How?? networking desks or something? see we already have 3 x RHFB's.

Cheers,
Benny..
Parents
  • You have to add another DP-8000 to get another 16 universes.
    Go to Setup --> Patch.
    Then select a fixture and Patch@.
    When the popup window appears there will be a button on the lower left for "add" to create an additional DP-8000 if there is not one physically present on your network.

There is currently no limit to the number of DP-8000s you can add to a system, so theoretically there is no limit to the number of DMX uninverses you can have. HOWEVER....there is a limit to the number of fixtures you can have in any given show (8,192).

Also, just to be clear, the RHFB is only capable of 12 universes by itself. Actual/physical DP-8000s (as opposed to the virtual DP-8000 "process" that runs on the RHFB) are capable of 16 universes each.

Hope this helps. :)
  • You have to add another DP-8000 to get another 16 universes.
    Go to Setup --> Patch.
    Then select a fixture and Patch@.
    When the popup window appears there will be a button on the lower left for "add" to create an additional DP-8000 if there is not one physically present on your network.

There is currently no limit to the number of DP-8000s you can add to a system, so theoretically there is no limit to the number of DMX uninverses you can have. HOWEVER....there is a limit to the number of fixtures you can have in any given show (8,192).

Also, just to be clear, the RHFB is only capable of 12 universes by itself. Actual/physical DP-8000s (as opposed to the virtual DP-8000 "process" that runs on the RHFB) are capable of 16 universes each.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related