How to remote control a Roadhog with a Lightcommander 48

Hi,

I'm asked to remote control a Roadhog with a MaLighting Lightcommander 48.
I suppose i have to use a midi link but I've never done this. And i know nothing about midi control.

First thing : Do I only need a midi cable ?

Can someone tell me how to plug the two boards together and link faders ?

Another question : Can I link as many faders as I want or is it limited ?

I hope I'm clear enough.
Thank you very much.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=ericthegeek;62000]What are you trying to accomplish?

Do you have the conventionals programmed on the Lightcommander, and the movers on the hog, and you want to run both consoles from a single go button?

Are you trying to sync both consoles to the same timecode source?

Do you want to use the Lightcommander as a stage manager's console to run cues on the Hog?

Without more details about your setup, and what you'd like it to do, we can't give you meaningful advice.

You're right. Sorry about that.
    My conventionals fixtures are on the Lightco and the moving fixtures on the Hog. The technician i will host just asked to have the possibility to remotely control the Roadhog through the Lightcommander in the case he doesn't have enough time to get used to the Roadhog. (which he never used before)
    I think he wants to use the Lightcommander as a stage manager's console to run cues on the Hog.

Thanks for your help.
  • [QUOTE=ericthegeek;62000]What are you trying to accomplish?

Do you have the conventionals programmed on the Lightcommander, and the movers on the hog, and you want to run both consoles from a single go button?

Are you trying to sync both consoles to the same timecode source?

Do you want to use the Lightcommander as a stage manager's console to run cues on the Hog?

Without more details about your setup, and what you'd like it to do, we can't give you meaningful advice.

You're right. Sorry about that.
    My conventionals fixtures are on the Lightco and the moving fixtures on the Hog. The technician i will host just asked to have the possibility to remotely control the Roadhog through the Lightcommander in the case he doesn't have enough time to get used to the Roadhog. (which he never used before)
    I think he wants to use the Lightcommander as a stage manager's console to run cues on the Hog.

Thanks for your help.
Children
No Data
Related