Updating DP8K Headaches

When did updating a DP become such a headache? Maybe it's me. I remember a time when I would plug a DP2K into a show and if it had old software, the console would simply reload the proper software onto the DP and all was good. I have just tried updating my second Dp8K in two days to 3.2.5 and neither of them would update completely. I have tried reloading from the console, force loading from the console, force loading from a bootable usb stick....not one of them worked. The first DP8K didn't seem to respond to anything, just stayed on the DP8000 logo and wouldn't even attempt to update. The next one actually did attempt to update the software, but got to a point during boot up that it was just stop and then reboot again, and again, and again, and again, until I pulled all my hair out. I have successfully updated many DP8Ks, some with ease, but most have always been a headache. Am I wrong? Wasn't it easier to do this in builds past? It seems like now, if you have any kind of custom network settings, you have to go and reset to default in order to update it. I am waiting on a third DP8K to show up. Hopefully the third time is, in deed, the charm.
Parents
  • Hi Scott,

I am experiencing the same issue with my DP8000 trying to update to v3.2.5. My DP8000 will now not boot up and gets stuck in a loop like you describe. It gets as far as saying "Low control: RX/TX" and then after a while reboots....again, and again!

How did you resolve this? Fortunately I am in the office with the console and not doing this on site, so not in a mad panic about it yet!

Some High End input here would be gratefully received please. There's clearly an issue with this that needs addressing.

I logged into my show and the console told me my DP8000 was still running v3.2.3. It asked me to update, I followed the commands to do so and now it's currently useless....please help.

Cheers

Colin
  • Hi Scott,

I am experiencing the same issue with my DP8000 trying to update to v3.2.5. My DP8000 will now not boot up and gets stuck in a loop like you describe. It gets as far as saying "Low control: RX/TX" and then after a while reboots....again, and again!

How did you resolve this? Fortunately I am in the office with the console and not doing this on site, so not in a mad panic about it yet!

Some High End input here would be gratefully received please. There's clearly an issue with this that needs addressing.

I logged into my show and the console told me my DP8000 was still running v3.2.3. It asked me to update, I followed the commands to do so and now it's currently useless....please help.

Cheers

Colin
Children
No Data
Related