Updating DP8K Headaches

When did updating a DP become such a headache? Maybe it's me. I remember a time when I would plug a DP2K into a show and if it had old software, the console would simply reload the proper software onto the DP and all was good. I have just tried updating my second Dp8K in two days to 3.2.5 and neither of them would update completely. I have tried reloading from the console, force loading from the console, force loading from a bootable usb stick....not one of them worked. The first DP8K didn't seem to respond to anything, just stayed on the DP8000 logo and wouldn't even attempt to update. The next one actually did attempt to update the software, but got to a point during boot up that it was just stop and then reboot again, and again, and again, and again, until I pulled all my hair out. I have successfully updated many DP8Ks, some with ease, but most have always been a headache. Am I wrong? Wasn't it easier to do this in builds past? It seems like now, if you have any kind of custom network settings, you have to go and reset to default in order to update it. I am waiting on a third DP8K to show up. Hopefully the third time is, in deed, the charm.
Parents
  • One thing is if there is a switch between the console and DP, sometimes these will cause problems and connecting directly with a crossover Ethernet cable may work better. If the IP addresses are setup properly, with the DP connected directly to the console and a show loaded on the console, unpower the DP. Press and hold the three buttons on the front panel and repower the DP. Immediately you should see Forcing Software Reload and you can release the buttons. This should cause the software update.
    You can call us in the office and someone can go over a few things with you. 512-836-2242.
  • One thing is if there is a switch between the console and DP, sometimes these will cause problems and connecting directly with a crossover Ethernet cable may work better. If the IP addresses are setup properly, with the DP connected directly to the console and a show loaded on the console, unpower the DP. Press and hold the three buttons on the front panel and repower the DP. Immediately you should see Forcing Software Reload and you can release the buttons. This should cause the software update.
    You can call us in the office and someone can go over a few things with you. 512-836-2242.
Children
No Data
Related