Hog 3 DMX Widget question

I purchased a used Hog 3 widget, the older style with the blue anodized finish. When I try to assign the Widget it says 'Needs Upgrade'. I'm confused because it is a Hog 3 widget so why would it need an update to run on Hog 3 PC?

Second question, if I try to run Hog 2 PC it never sees the widget at all in the config screen. I thought a Hog 3 Widget was backwards compatible to Hog 2 PC?

Thanks
Parents
  • One thing to add that hasn't been mentioned. When installing Hog 3 PC V.3.2.x on a PC, it will disable the drivers Hog 2 PC was using for the widgets. Basically Hog 2 PC will not work on a PC that has Hog 3 PC V.3.2.x installed after. The reason is the drivers are completely new in V.3.2 and they are not compatible with Hog 2 PC.

In order to have Hog 2 PC and Hog 3 PC work on the same machine, Hog 3 PC must remain at V.3.1.9. If you have already installed V.3.2 and disabled Hog 2 PC, you can reinstall V.3.1.9 and Hog 2 PC should also work again.

The widgets that need an upgrade were released prior to Hog 3 PC being released and only work with Hog 2 PC. These widgets serial number will start with 25.
  • One thing to add that hasn't been mentioned. When installing Hog 3 PC V.3.2.x on a PC, it will disable the drivers Hog 2 PC was using for the widgets. Basically Hog 2 PC will not work on a PC that has Hog 3 PC V.3.2.x installed after. The reason is the drivers are completely new in V.3.2 and they are not compatible with Hog 2 PC.

In order to have Hog 2 PC and Hog 3 PC work on the same machine, Hog 3 PC must remain at V.3.1.9. If you have already installed V.3.2 and disabled Hog 2 PC, you can reinstall V.3.1.9 and Hog 2 PC should also work again.

The widgets that need an upgrade were released prior to Hog 3 PC being released and only work with Hog 2 PC. These widgets serial number will start with 25.
Children
No Data
Related