Mac 700 Lamp Power

Hi all

Noticed on a gig this week using Mac 700s there is a lamp power option which the default power of the lamp is 50%. Now when you select 100% and save it to your show it uses the same control channel as fixture reset, lamp on/off and strobe channels.

The problem for me came when the next day I couldn't strike or reset the rig because this channel was parked for the full power.

I'm wondering what the point of this full power setting is, because if you use the channel for anything else like strobing or control you loose the 100% lamp power.

Am I missing something?
Parents
  • They should always default to high power mode anyway. I've been using MAC700s on Hog3s for quite a while, and have never touched any lamp settings.

Normally for 'control' things, you just tap the option then clear it out a few seconds later (which will return the control channel to the 'default' as specified in the personality, which would normally be zero).

A quick way to check the power mode on a MAC700/2000/III (and I think the 550/575) is to close the shutter then look at the air vents on the back. If it was in high power mode, it will switch to low power mode automatically 5-10 seconds after you close the shutter, and you'll see this change in the light leaking through the vents.

Also, parking control channels is an excellent prank.
  • They should always default to high power mode anyway. I've been using MAC700s on Hog3s for quite a while, and have never touched any lamp settings.

Normally for 'control' things, you just tap the option then clear it out a few seconds later (which will return the control channel to the 'default' as specified in the personality, which would normally be zero).

A quick way to check the power mode on a MAC700/2000/III (and I think the 550/575) is to close the shutter then look at the air vents on the back. If it was in high power mode, it will switch to low power mode automatically 5-10 seconds after you close the shutter, and you'll see this change in the light leaking through the vents.

Also, parking control channels is an excellent prank.
Children
No Data
Related