Mac 700 Lamp Power

Hi all

Noticed on a gig this week using Mac 700s there is a lamp power option which the default power of the lamp is 50%. Now when you select 100% and save it to your show it uses the same control channel as fixture reset, lamp on/off and strobe channels.

The problem for me came when the next day I couldn't strike or reset the rig because this channel was parked for the full power.

I'm wondering what the point of this full power setting is, because if you use the channel for anything else like strobing or control you loose the 100% lamp power.

Am I missing something?
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply, you are indeed right that if you select 100% then clear programer it stays at 100%

What confused me is the fact the power setting is on an encoder wheel. Should it not appear in the control list button?

Also it does not default to 100% the default power is 50% unless you select 100%

Feels to me that the definition is not quite right, I only stumbled across the power setting after hitting intensity twice, had i not have done that the show would have continued to be at 50%. I wonder how many other people have never seen this setting and only been using half the lamp output!
  • Thanks for the reply, you are indeed right that if you select 100% then clear programer it stays at 100%

What confused me is the fact the power setting is on an encoder wheel. Should it not appear in the control list button?

Also it does not default to 100% the default power is 50% unless you select 100%

Feels to me that the definition is not quite right, I only stumbled across the power setting after hitting intensity twice, had i not have done that the show would have continued to be at 50%. I wonder how many other people have never seen this setting and only been using half the lamp output!
Children
No Data
Related