ArtNet and Color Kinetics

I recently got 20 CK FX tiles. (144 RGB Nodes each) They run off the CK ethernet or DMX. Usually we control them with CK's Light System Engine, but I'm wondering if I can control them with ArtNet from my Hog PC. Currently running H3. Planning to upgrade to H4 soon.

Ultimately I would like to pixel map and do everything from my hog and not have to run 2 systems. Anyone have any experience doing this?

I've been running hog2 up until about 2 months ago. So I haven't used ArtNet before.

Austin Taylor
Parents
  • Marty, You're right on in that I want a single ethernet line to my computer. I'm only running Hog PC with a couple widgets. My understanding is that once you connect a widget, ArtNet is unlocked.

Being that these tiles are 144 RGB Nodes,(at 432 ch per tile, is 8640 ch for the wall) I obviously don't want to use DMX. I'm wondering if there is anything out there that converts ArtNet to Color Kinetics Protocol. Or if there is a way to get the CK stuff to speak ArtNet. I haven't talked with CK yet. It's on my ToDo list.

All the CK Tiles, and the iCove lights I have work the same way. Using the Light System Engine to control via a network.

I havent played with any other media servers, so I am unfamiliar with how they and Hog work together, but is there a way to image map in the hog? Maybe in H4? Should I try to find a way to control my CK Light System Engine with ArtNet, and treat it as a media server?

Thanks for the help.
    I'm still new to combining video and lighting. Up until recently my rig was only conventionals, movers, and a few LEDs.

Austin Taylor
    AT Productions
  • Marty, You're right on in that I want a single ethernet line to my computer. I'm only running Hog PC with a couple widgets. My understanding is that once you connect a widget, ArtNet is unlocked.

Being that these tiles are 144 RGB Nodes,(at 432 ch per tile, is 8640 ch for the wall) I obviously don't want to use DMX. I'm wondering if there is anything out there that converts ArtNet to Color Kinetics Protocol. Or if there is a way to get the CK stuff to speak ArtNet. I haven't talked with CK yet. It's on my ToDo list.

All the CK Tiles, and the iCove lights I have work the same way. Using the Light System Engine to control via a network.

I havent played with any other media servers, so I am unfamiliar with how they and Hog work together, but is there a way to image map in the hog? Maybe in H4? Should I try to find a way to control my CK Light System Engine with ArtNet, and treat it as a media server?

Thanks for the help.
    I'm still new to combining video and lighting. Up until recently my rig was only conventionals, movers, and a few LEDs.

Austin Taylor
    AT Productions
Children
No Data
Related