Hardware Fullboar Console

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade S/W/System restore some Full Boar Consoles for a client.
One of the consoles seems to have a flaky CD/DVD drive that cannot read
or write any Cd's/DVDs.The disc spins but the console cannot write backup files or read a system restore disc.
Am in the process of upgrading this console via USB to see if this might cure the problem.

My questions are

-Can a console become corrupted to a point that the CD drive does not respond?
-Is replacing the CD drive easy or does anyone have a link to a tech doc?
Are all CDr/DVD drives the same or am i looking for a specific part if i need a replacement.

Thanks C
Parents
  • -Can a console become corrupted to a point that the CD drive does not respond?
    No, but the CD drive itself could be going bad.

No tech docs here. Really simple procedure. Four screws to remove the front panel and just a few screws to unmount the drive. Self explanatory once you look inside.

-Are all CDr/DVD drives the same or am i looking for a specific part if i need a replacement?
    You will need to find a slim form factor drive which are not terribly hard to find but once again we only test what is shipped out of our factory so probably best to keep packaging of anything you buy in case it doesn't fit or work out.
  • -Can a console become corrupted to a point that the CD drive does not respond?
    No, but the CD drive itself could be going bad.

No tech docs here. Really simple procedure. Four screws to remove the front panel and just a few screws to unmount the drive. Self explanatory once you look inside.

-Are all CDr/DVD drives the same or am i looking for a specific part if i need a replacement?
    You will need to find a slim form factor drive which are not terribly hard to find but once again we only test what is shipped out of our factory so probably best to keep packaging of anything you buy in case it doesn't fit or work out.
Children
No Data
Related