Color Force 72"

A question, we are always having issues with patching color forces on the H3
what should the correct way be? RGBAW ? RGBWA ? and how many channels
should it be.

thanks if any one can help.
Parents
  • I still can't seem to apply any decent effects, I must be overlooking something.

I tried putting the fixture into mode 1 (43 channel HSI) and no matter if I patch 12 or 13 fixtures, it acts randomly, with no sense of control (using a Road Hog console, patching as a generic RGB... maybe that's my problem).

The only way I can get control of these is by patching either as a generic RGB or generic RGBA using modes 3/4 in the fixture itself. I can control each individual cell, using 36 or 48 channels, respectively, but when using the effects in the Roadhog, they are simple all cell intensity ramps or all cell color changes. I can't seem to do any effects using individual cells, i.e. cell chases, gradients from left to right (as seen here, an effect within the "look select internal FX":)

www.aclighting.com/images/newsletter/oct10/Color-Force-72-Front-Colour-Spectrum.jpg

To me, it seems like mode 1 (HSI w/FX) is the only way to have more impressive / individual effects but I must not be patching correctly because it reacts wildly when I try to control it using a generic RGB or RGBA.

I'm sure it's something silly I'm doing wrong, I just can't seem to figure it out!
  • I still can't seem to apply any decent effects, I must be overlooking something.

I tried putting the fixture into mode 1 (43 channel HSI) and no matter if I patch 12 or 13 fixtures, it acts randomly, with no sense of control (using a Road Hog console, patching as a generic RGB... maybe that's my problem).

The only way I can get control of these is by patching either as a generic RGB or generic RGBA using modes 3/4 in the fixture itself. I can control each individual cell, using 36 or 48 channels, respectively, but when using the effects in the Roadhog, they are simple all cell intensity ramps or all cell color changes. I can't seem to do any effects using individual cells, i.e. cell chases, gradients from left to right (as seen here, an effect within the "look select internal FX":)

www.aclighting.com/images/newsletter/oct10/Color-Force-72-Front-Colour-Spectrum.jpg

To me, it seems like mode 1 (HSI w/FX) is the only way to have more impressive / individual effects but I must not be patching correctly because it reacts wildly when I try to control it using a generic RGB or RGBA.

I'm sure it's something silly I'm doing wrong, I just can't seem to figure it out!
Children
No Data
Related